Friday, February 4, 2011

It's been a long time...

...since I was up before the sun. I know, I know, all of you that have regular 9-5 jobs or are mothers (or both - dang, I applaud you!) are shaking your fists right now. But I've been on a bit of a winter hibernation schedule for the past two months. It's not exactly what I'm used to (I used to do all of my best workouts before the sun rose) - but it's been really working for me. It can be pretty spectacular to be woken up by the warmth of the sun on your face and your walls being washed in gold!

It is red, however, that is the color of the month. So many festivities I am celebrating this month feature this vibrant color. Lunar/Chinese New Year (my belated best wishes for the occasion to you all!), National Wear Red Day for Heart Health (today! Are you participating?), Valentine's Day, Team Diabetes does Family Day (you haven't heard of that one? ;) ). Today I'm up early to get some things done related to all of the above.

However, since I haven't done much yet other than nom a bowl of cheerios and put on a sweater, here's some pictures from yesterday.


There is nothing quite so glorious as working out in the sunshine. Especially when it doesn't seem like it shouldn't be possible to do so. Yesterday's bike workout was spectacular. I absolutely loved feeling like I was in a greenhouse for my ride. I plugged into some tunes, and although the snow was blowing wildly outside my window, I was being toasted by the the sun!


The combination of sunshine and sprinting on the bike = very sweaty hairs. The p90x ab-ripper also always ensures that a good portion of them escape my ponytail by the end of my workout. You know you've just had a fabulous workout when you're hair looks like this, right?

In other news, I am procrastinating with Ken Follett's Fall of Giants these days. I have been very lucky to have so much time to consume books!

This weekend marks the official start of my Great Wall training. I haven't officially registered yet, nor do I have an official training plan. However, I think I'm just going to adapt my plan from marathon numero uno and see how it goes. Well, I might toss in some stair-climbing too, for good measure - I understand a lot of climbing goes down during this marathon. I'm so excited!

Hope you have a fabulous Friday that kicks off a wicked weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment