Thursday, March 31, 2011

Keep on keepin' on.

That's what I'm doing right now. I'm also learning to let go. Some say that is the one sure path to happiness. Here's some things I've released in the past 48 hours:

1) The physiotherapist told me not to run in April, and that if I do Big Sur it will be at my own expense and take me out of play for an indefinite period of time.  Old mindset: cry, scream, rant, set my race schedule on fire. New mindset: let it go, as hard as that is; take it a day at a time.

2) Yesterday a piece of damp garbage blew up and stuck itself onto my face, right around the time the bus driver whose door I was hammering on decided I was invisible and drove away without me. Old mindset: "Wow, I am actually invisible; it's not just me." New mindset: let it go, this happens to everyone.

3) I lost the apartment I wanted so much in Toronto. Old mindset: rage against the person who decided rent was due immediately. New mindset: let it go, you couldn't afford it right now anyways.

4) After having a long discussion about my options, look into pursuing further education to find that the programs I was interested in are closed and full. Old mindset: think it's only natural that I would feel like I had something figured out finally only to find out it was futile. New mindset: let it go, because you know you didn't really want to add to your debt after all.

5) Alarm goes off. Consider getting out of my pjs and doing something productive. Let that go. Still in pjs, listening to my latest fave songs (Locksley, Black Eyed Peas, Panic at the Disco, OK GO, Glee) on repeat and loving H.G. Wells in a big way :)

Releasing my iron grip on my future goals and my past expectations of myself is not as hard as I thought it would be. Truly, no sarcasm, no crossed fingers. I think that's thanks to the continued help of my stellar support network. Sponsors of today's smiles: Emtastic, Mom, Geo, Nat, R, youtube.


In some fun other news, I got my ATB pics today! Wanna see?

Rockin' race rabbit. Thanks, bunny!

Smiling because I outran the reaper.

I did it! Endorphins > pain.

I'm pretty proud that my official chip time was exactly what I wanted it to be (3:15) despite the last five clicks, where I swear I was limping at a snail's pace and sucking back huge lungfuls of air fighting my conflicting emotions.

So that's about all for now, folks. Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. Let it go, but keep trying! And congrats on your awesome race and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics. And WTG on letting go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about all the things going on right now. You have the right attitude to keep pressing forward. I hope that you can run the Big Sur Marathon - but we have had some insanely rainy weather around here, and you probably heard that a piece of highway 1 literally fell into the ocean last week. So my guess is that the marathon race course will have to be diverted somehow, because I don't think they can repair it in time. Good luck with your injuries, I'm somewhat in the same boat as you!

    Great pics too, the last one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete