Friday, January 21, 2011

Thanksgiving in January

Top 5 things I am grateful for right now:

1) This:

This is one of the absolute best gifts I've ever received, as well as one of the sweetest things that anyone has ever done for me. Until recently my degrees (and these two pretty posters) lived in a stack of other papers on my desk. One day they were secreted out and yesterday they came back all gorgeous and official-looking. I don't even know how to say thank you for this awesomeness, but I am very, very grateful.

2) Staying in touch: Yesterday morning I got an awesome email from my older sister. Overnight I got an awesome flood of texts from my younger sister. Earlier this week my mom called, and so did my friend Trevor. Em and Nat have sent along supportive messages via fb, and I've been lucky enough to be in contact with other far-away friends too. I really appreciate long distance communication, especially because so many of my favorite people are in other places.

3) Your support: I love reading other people's blogs, and it's super exciting to know that people read mine too! :) Community is fabulous. And even better are your comments - I'm totally delighted by them. Tatiana, Janae and Nelly especially - thanks for your kind words!

4) Sunshine: Despite the fact that it is snowing, windy and -10 outside - the sun has managed to peek through first thing in the morning three days in a row. I love it.

5) Running: As any of you who have ever had an injury or had to take time off already know, coming back to running is the best. There might be some pain involved with getting back to your old running self, but it's so worth it. I have a renewed appreciation for just how awesome it is to be able to simply run. I had such a great time yesterday I think I might have to go on the smallest of runs today - just to get out there again.

1 comment:

  1. Just realized that I did your #5 on Saturday! I was sick for 3 weeks, and it was so nice to get outside and run for once! I realized that I really did miss it, even if I was slow I loved just getting out there =)

    And that is great that you got all your degrees framed!

    ReplyDelete