Friday, March 11, 2011

Fab Friday

I'm so glad I get to title my post that. Even more excited that it is true!

Today I had an interview at the Running Room. It was very fun times indeed, because turns out I know the area manager from the London store! So we basically discussed destination runs, what it's like to be the newbie runner and the stuff of inspiration. Regardless of whether or not I get the job, I was happy for the experience.

Of course, in order to get there, I had to travel via public transit for nearly two hours through a blizzard. This is how things work for me. I map out a bus route and the clouds roll in ;) Essentially, it meant that I had a lot of time to think - and today that was a really good thing. I was in a positive headspace, making plans for the future. I even busted out the iCalculator to map my route to debt-free life.

Plus, whilst out and about, I got to celebrate Starbucks' birthday. TWICE. Round one: my special smoothie for lunch, plus they gave me a wee peanut butter cup cupcake. Round two: skinny cinnamon dolce latte, and they gave me a mini carrot cake cupcake. Does it get better than two tiny cupcakes? I don't think so. Maybe eating them with the help of a beagle (have we discussed how obsessed I am with beagles lately?).

In between those two treats, I had a 11k run through the blizzard. I felt particularly victorious for conquering slush, wind, ice pellets and running on the road (something I am slightly afraid of doing - especially considering recent tragedy :( ).

Sweat + stretch + Starbucks = runner's high plus!


Happy.

However, I am sad that my happy Friday should coincide with horrible situation in Japan. I am sending all my hard-earned positive vibes from today to the people struggling there. I spent most of the morning glued to the internet for updates. Happy to know that friends on Hawaii are safe, but thinking Earth is sick and that we should take notice and start living like we care. Starting perhaps with a donation to the Red Cross and recycling.

Back to the bright side, if you do not already love this lady and her band, you should. That's my recommendation for this weekend. And I hope that you have a terrific one - you deserve it.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job at the running room! It sounds like a great opportunity for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome run, sounds like tough conditions!

    That is too bad about that runner dying recently, sounds like she was doing really well recently.

    And Florence and the Machine are a great band!

    ReplyDelete