Sunday, April 24, 2011

Here we are again - I feel the chemicals kicking in...

Two things you can probably glean from today's title: I'm feeling some big nerd love for a certain musical tv show, and that I just went running!


First run in three weeks after getting benched for my knee issue expanding to include my IT band, a particular form of sharing that made me shake my fist. 

But I'm back on the road! And today's run was beautiful. Full-on spring weather perfection. Lots of pretty pooches for dog-watching purposes on my favorite route. New music (songs/artists that rocked my run today: Daft Punk, Sweet Serendipity - Lee Dewyze, Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue, U2, The White Stripes, Warblers, Black Eyed Peas). What's not to love? Well, knee pain. But the joy of running is bigger than that. Worth it :)

Also, took what I learned from Born to Run (aka The Book) and put it into practice. I haven't picked up my new kicks yet, so this run featured my old, well-worn sneakers from last year's summer & fall races - sans orthotics and without inserts. Really focused on my form and definitely noticed a difference. Think that can only improve when I kick the shoes for good and build milage back up slowly. I'm excited to be that much harder, better, faster, stronger!

Happy weekend! And happy Easter, if that's your thing. I just hope you're happy :)

I am....because I'm counting down to California (4 days!)!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your post injury run! Sounds like it was wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at your title - that is the Neon Trees singing Animal on Glee! haha

    Glad that you are now healthy, I'm still battling the IT band problem that you now kicked. I'm starting to feel better now, hopefully I'll be able to run this week, we shall see...

    ReplyDelete